Friday, July 31, 2009

Good Bye 1st Tri

That was the longest 3 months of my life. Not really but when you're counting down for something time seems to move sloooow. We found out I was pregnant on June 8th. Right after the "+", Brian said, you better go get a blood test to confirm. When I called for those results, the lady said "it's definitely positive".
By then I was 6 weeks and had no symptoms. I don't remember exactly when the nauseaus-ness all began but it wasn't long after - it was morning, noon & night. I always thought morning sickness was wake up, puke, and go about your day...I wish it was.
Now into week 15, I feel a lot better. According to "What to Expect..." a symptom in month 4 is:
Continued Absentmindness
(Brian strongly agrees I have this symptom, I don't think I do)
I'm no longer able to comfortably button my pants. A part of me wishes I was one of those women who are happy to surrender their bodies to the baby growing inside, but unfortunately I'm not. The weight gain has me nervous. I'm still running 2-3 times a week but my eating habits have changed drastically. I have lost all control!

We have our next ultra sound 9/10 & if baby cooperates we'll find out the sex, I can't wait!!
Here I am at 15 weeks, I haven't been on the scale in awhile but I'd say I've gained close to 10...we'll see next week at the dr...stay tuned!!
Due Date 2-05-10
Jeeze that seems like a long ways away.


6 comments:

Little's said...

You are sooo cute! I think I gained more in the first trimester too because I was constantly eating crackers and stuff to avoid dry heaving!

nicknjanna said...

I look more pregnant than you do right now! You're so tiny! You're going to be the cutest pregnant lady...you'll just have a little bump and the rest of you will be unaffected. :oD

First tri ruined my eating habits too. All I could keep down was crackers, sherbet and chicken fingers...healthy huh???

Kelly Koster said...

Pregnancy seemed to go slow for me too... especially the last month. However once the baby arrives time flies and you can't believe how quickly they grow. :) You look great...and I am glad to hear you're feeling better now too! Laugh about the absentmindedness...I was that way too. Steve enjoyed it because he said we were finally on an equal playing field, he's usually the absent minded one. ;)

Amanda said...

your beautiful! love it!

annie said...

Congrats! Once you get a visible bump and people start telling you how cute you are pregnant I bet you will love it. Keep exercising because it really does make the pregnancy more bearable! Then you are more ready for l&d when it comes and it keeps baby happier too!

Running is a Metaphor said...

Just enjoy this time and don't get too anxious about the weight. Your body is made to grow a belly and I'm sure you will take it off in no time after the birth considering your history of exercise.
You are scrumptious! ♥